Tuesday, February 15, 2011

a few of the things...

that made my Valentine's day full of joy...























My husband bringing me home two dozen red tulips.




































 ...and chocolates! Which I shared with him of course. I secretly think he bought them more for himself than for me, but he generously makes sure I eat as many as I want then he'll swoop in and eat the others. :)

























The way the afternoon light illuminated the tulips when set in front of our window, and how I'd forgotten how much I love tulips until he came home with them.





































Getting to spend a special day with my guy, mo leannan. And getting one of those rare photos with both of us in it--that we both like.





































Sitting down to and enjoying a dinner of steak with bleu cheese butter, bacon-spinach mashed potatoes, and lemon-butter asparagus tips, and the look on Jeremy's face when he put the first bite in his mouth--it was apparently still really hot. I'm kidding, it's so rewarding cooking for Jeremy because he loves everything I put in front of him.

I appreciate Jeremy every day, but it's good to have another day in the year to remind us to tell each other again how much we mean to one another.

I am so thankful to have been blessed with a husband like Jeremy, I couldn't have asked for more. I hope everyone else had a great Valentine's day as well, regardless of whether you've found your perfect other half to spend with whom to spend it.


Caitlin

2 comments:

  1. Ah, how lovely. What a blessing. I love you guys, and I miss you with an indescribable keenness. I mailed ye a letter yester'een, mo charaid. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I love your Valentines Day. Your dinner looks positively splendid. You must be a great cook!

    ReplyDelete