Wednesday, June 27, 2012

summer arrives.

Goodness, I'm still doing a pretty poor job of keeping up with this space. Apologies, apologies. To be fair, I do have quite a bit going on at the moment. There's work, of course, plus playing fiddle for my church's worship band, I finally got my garden sown and my tomato plants in the ground, running, spending time with Jeremy, cooking dinner, walking Cael, making dresses, still unpacking and any other number of sundry tasks that I decide to throw in. But life is good. God is good. There are some new opportunities coming up for Jeremy and I that could change things, but be challenging and good; blessings.

The fireflies are out in full force in the evenings now, they have been for a couple weeks. The first gloaming that I saw their luminescent song playing across our front yard I knew summer had arrived in the mountains. I also realized how long it had been since I had enjoyed the sight of them--lightning bugs don't grace the streets and closes of Edinburgh, though that would make summer dim up in the Highlands that much more magical.

Lately the heat of summer has made its way into the valley, though the nights are still cool and fragrant to temper the summer sun of the daytime. I'm happy to be home, happy to realize and recognize the things that I missed and enjoy them once again.


these mountains mean home.

God is so good. All of the time.


Here's what my lately has looked like, care of Instagram:
lightning bugs lightening up the dim.
i walked for lunch one day at work.
zucchini cakes. {recipe!}
always in awe.

fresh summer south carolina strawberries.


2 comments:

  1. those strawberries look amazing! I made a peach and strawberry sangria last weekend that one day I shall make for you and me to enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete