Monday, April 11, 2011

i heart faces. [shadows]

This week's challenge on i heart faces is 'shadows.' As shadows and contrast are two of my favorite artistic elements, and ones I use quite often, I thought that entering this week would be a great idea. Shadows have always fascinated me. Ever since seeing Peter Pan as a child, the idea of shadows having a mind of their own piqued my imagination. This shot was from a wedding I did a few years ago, Emily and Matt. Their love was so physically present and tangible, it wouldn't have surprised me to see that manifesting itself independently in their shadows as well. Maybe it did...




9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture for this couple to remember their special day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot! The shadows are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a soft feeling to this photo. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that their shadows are kissing but they aren't... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the little patch of light between them seems to form a dove...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about that... I suppose I let my enthusiasm, as you appropriately call it, :] get away with me. Sometimes I just get overwhelmed by the way pop culture can lead to false beliefs that many folks, it seems, don't even care about. I didn't mean to belittle nor rain on your memories and happiness. I hope you can forgive my fluttering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely can, but there really is no need. I'm glad to see someone championing books and original stories. I'm actually in school studying Scottish folklore right now, and the original stories--or at least different redactions of them--are so much more interesting than the Disney ones. Though probably less appropriate than what Disney made for children. :)

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a wonderful picture! And I totally understand what you meant about Peter Pan's shadow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting this picture! It was a wonderful day and you made it even beautiful with all of the great photos we have to remember the day. Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete