Saturday, April 9, 2011

good for the soul.

I just spent three hours talking, laughing, and reminiscing with my closest friend on Skype, and I had no idea how much my soul needed that. She makes me laugh and lifts me up more than anyone except Jeremy, and knows just what to say to keep me encouraged and confident in my studies and intellect. I got further bouncing dissertation ideas off of her than I did with professors at school. She knows how I think and knows the questions to ask to get my thinking in the right direction. And sometimes we are just insane together, and I miss those silly times in front of photobooth taking ridiculous photos of ourselves. God blessed me majorly when he gave me Chelsea as a friend, and I pray that I am as much of a blessing to her as she is to me. Thank God for bosom friends, right Anne Shirley?
One of the first photos of us taken.

One of the last photos of us together before our lives took us to separate places.

We have way too much fun.

4 comments:

  1. Its such a blessing to know you have friends like those! I have a similar situation. My close friend now lives in Singapore and we only get to skype maybe twice a month, but she gives the encouragement I need everytime we talk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you guys holding...little paper cups? Haha, miss you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think, Ellar... we're holding jello... Yup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. must comment... I have the biggest smile on my face in that second photo, don't I? Wonder why...

    ReplyDelete