Monday, March 1, 2010

a new month.

Another month of 2010 is behind us, and I'm beginning to wonder where time has got to go so quickly? There are reasons for me to want it to hurry itself up, and reasons for it to put on the brakes. This past week has been a bit bittersweet for me. Exciting news delivered, and a friend one year gone still deeply missed. Take the happy with the sad I suppose.
Firstly, yesterday was one year since Ryan Alea Young was taken from us in an early morning car crash near the coast of North Carolina. One year ago yesterday a friendship rekindling was quenched with the heavy blanket of death. I miss my friend dearly, and think of her often, and I cannot help wondering how much closer we'd be if she was still here. Yet though I've lost her, I've gained more friends in the grieving process. Her best friend Candace and I became closer through our mutual loss, as well as her strong-hearted father, Glenn. I appreciate what I've gained, but cannot help mourning for what we've lost. That being said, I think Ryan wouldn't want me to dwell on her absence in the wake of such great prospects being offered.
I found out unofficially then officially last week that I have been accepted into the University of Edinburgh Master's programme for Highland Studies. I've gotten in! I'm going to school in Edinburgh, Scotland! How exciting is that? I'm excited, yet anxious too--there's a lot to be done before I'm there and begun. Pray for things to fall into place, though there have already been kinks, and pray for patience and discernment through this process. Thanks to all who prayed for acceptance, but don't stop yet, we haven't heard about Jeremy yet, so keep 'em coming.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for your acceptance! I wish American schools would get on the ball. I've only heard from one, unofficially, that I am accepted.

    For me, loss got easier after a year. You have the right attitude about it, and I love you, and I'm here for you if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cait, I am so proud of you! I am daily lifting up prayers for Jeremy, that he would hear a positive message soon also. I want you both closer to me, and I think Scotland would be closer...right? Anyway, what a great excuse to visit Scotland!

    ReplyDelete