Friday, February 12, 2010

knitted. knat?

I finished my big winter knitting project. It's about three or four feet long all stretched out, but all connected within the round. It took me three balls of yarn, and God knows how many hours to complete. But it's warm, lovely, and I made it, which is so cool. Technically, it's a cowl, but it's three feet longer than it should be and I don't really like that name for it, so my beloved Kristi found the Latin root of the word, and I've decided that's what I'll call it. Without further ado: my cuculla.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool, Cait. Where oh Where do you get that creativity??? And are you making me one? To match my purple coat?

    Love you anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe, mother, that I got my creativity from you, even if you were always crap at knitting and sewing projects. I'm not nearly as good a drawer as you, so I suppose our latent creativity manifested itself in different ways. I love you, but I don't think I'll be making a scarf like that again for a while. It was a major pain in the arse. Like I said, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I wish I were that creative!

    ReplyDelete