Saturday, November 8, 2008

hot apple cider. [poesy]

I tried my hand at poetry for the first time in two years. I long to be a poet. Here is my attempt.

"Sway Once More"
It is twilight of autumn, the chill in the air is sharper, biting.
Once vivid hues but few dawns hitherto enraptured my senses,
Now grow dim to dour shades of brown.
Winds beat the brethren of leaves from their lofty seats,
Ghosting to their mass grave of fading autumn shades.

The once full arms, now bare bones of branches left destitute.
Gale after gale moans through the boughs of birch, maple, and oak alike;
Each leaf that lightly falls is one step closer to the bleak of winter.
Soon only skeletons remain, barely a whisper of the splendor they once held.

The long winter approaches, already breathing into the misty valley.
I ignore it while I can, remembering the peak of autumn’s glory,
While I dance among the fallen comrades; they follow my twists and turns.
One last dance before the color altogether dies,
Right foot, turn, left foot, turn, a curtsy and a bow.

Fare thee well, we shall dance once again
When passes harsh winter, demure spring, and sultry summer,
And once again the air grows crisp with your presence,
Promising shades of sweet orange, gold, and crimson.
Then I will sway once more with the refrain of the autumnal muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment