Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Dear Josie - On the Cusp of Eighteen Months

Dear Josie,

A year and a half. I can't really believe it - my little baby is nearly a year and a half old and it feels like just a couple days ago that we found out you were growing, surely and expectantly inside of me. I loved you from the moment I knew you were in there, but I fell in love with you the moment you were placed in my arms, it was different, this thriving little life that seemed so small was mine and you needed me to take care of you. As your mom, I have blossomed and have loved every single second - even the ones where you make me want to tear my hair out. Yes, we have those now. You're an indignant little thing sometimes, and stubborn as a bull - wonder where you get that from? 

But as I think about these past eighteen months and what they have meant to me, how they have changed me, and where we are now I can't help but revel in the vibrancy that you have brought to everything, the purpose and drive you have given me that wasn't there before. I had dreams and aspirations before you, sure, but the determination to bring those to fruition and the decidedness was not there before you. You are the sweetest, most loving little girl and your hugs and smile melt my heart on a daily basis. Not only are you sweeter than pure honey, but you are absolutely hilarious. Your silliness has me in stitches all the time! You love putting stuff on your head and walking around, wait for us to laugh at you. Whether it's a mesh clothes hamper or my sweatshirt, or a little wicker basket, you put it on your head and get this adorable look on your face as you await our inevitable delighted laughter.

Most of all, you bring joy into our every day. You light up even the darkest of moments and your presence gives me such joyful thankfulness - especially that I get to be home with you daily and enjoy your sweetness and hilarity throughout my week. 

Some things that you really love are: BOOKS! Your Nana is so proud, I'm sure. You love books; sometimes I'll catch you just sitting quietly on the floor in your room, an open book in your lap, just looking and studying the pages. You also love animals! Stuffed and real. You, of course, love your pup Cael, and admittedly love terrorizing him too. Along with Leo the pug when you're around him. You've also got a variety of stuffed animals; Lorne the wolf, Merlin the bear, Biscuit the dog, among so many others. You love seeing animals out and about as well and make noises to try to talk to them. You love Cheezits (thanks, Dad) and apples too, and pretty much eat anything at this point but meat. You also oddly enough love spicy stuff too. You also love playing peek-a-boo.

You say a number of words, Dada and Mama being among them (my heart leaps in my chest every time I hear you say Mama), bubble, ball, Nana or Night Night, sit and stay (for Cael) and a few others I'm sure that I'm not remembering. 

You are also tough as nails - you rarely cry for being hurt. You climb all over everything, and are extremely dexterous (again, thanks, Dad!) though you still manage to give me mini heart attacks all the time.

In short, you're my daughter and I love everything about you and am so overjoyed at watching who you are unravel daily. So thankful God chose me to be your mom! I love you!


Love,

Mama




No comments:

Post a Comment