Monday, October 15, 2012

I'm your Huckleberry.

Well, whether I'm ready or not this baby sure is growing. I still haven't felt the little huckleberry moving around yet, but if our ultrasound a few weeks ago is any indication, he/she is moving and wiggling all the time.
We had an wonderful day yesterday apple picking at an orchard just past Hendersonville yesterday with some friends. It was a gorgeous, misty autumn day and the orchards still bore beautiful fruit--though we had to walk a little further to get to it. We picked Arkansas Black apples, Pink Lady apples, Granny Smith, Blushing Gold, and probably a few more I can't remember. But it was lovely being able to pick our own bushel of apples, and enjoying the company of our friends, Peter and Allie Marie (they're nearly newly weds, getting married in April--just before the baby comes actually). We also enjoyed the freshly made Apple Cider Doughnuts--seriously, they were incredible. We bought a half-dozen and four were gone before we realized what had happened. I actually just now finished off my first mug of fresh-pressed cider that we bought yesterday too--also seriously delicious. We ended up buying eighteen and a half pounds of apples... I suppose apple sauce, apple butter, and apple pies are in my near future. But if you know me at all, you know what a delightful prospect that is for me--I LOVE apples. I was seriously made for this season--I love everything about autumn.
Arkansas Black Apples

Our comrades in apple-picking, Peter and Allie Marie.

Our 18.5 pound bushel of apples, and my strong man. :) I am also very excited about those apples.

While we were at the orchard, I remembered that Huck (current nickname for the wee one) is about the size of an apple this week--I'm fifteen weeks along today. So I decided to take advantage of the photo op, and get some obligatory bump photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment