Wednesday, May 4, 2011

dissertation topic officially cracked.

Well, I've been slamming my head against this topic for months now trying to crack it, and finally I have some semblance of what I'm going to be researching and writing about.
My plan is to analyze and explore the motif of animal-human transformation within traditional Gaelic narrative. I'm still looking at ways to narrow my focus and anchor my research, but the biggest hurdle has been crossed, and it feels great. I sent an e-mail to my advisor and it was official okayed by him today, so thank God for that!
This is how that makes me feel:



















So we'll see how I get on from here.

We're going to North Carolina in one week! What?! Much to do before then!


Caitlin

2 comments:

  1. yaaay!!! im so proud. ive been praying for you constantly, love. skype soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY! I'm so glad for you!

    P.S. I need to know more about this North Carolina trip...

    ReplyDelete