Tuesday, August 10, 2010

holy homemade coat, batman!

Well, it's finished, and as I sit back and stare at its beauty I cannot believe that I was the one who made it. This has been by far my biggest and most daunting sewing project to date. And look, I conquered, and it's gorgeous. With that said, I could not have done this without the wisdom and patience of Mama Bober. For without her watchful eye, and instruction deciphering I could not have done it. Chelsea also played a role in moral support and mutual frustration with her own sewing project. Needless to say, I appreciate and love them both dearly for their help. Without further ado, this is the winter coat that shall be my primary in Scotland this winter.




4 comments:

  1. I love the coat. The music startled me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I especially love the lining color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I saw your comment over at Gertie's blog and followed it over here. :) What a gorgeous coat! You did an excellent job! I really love the lining, and Regency-era-but-modern style. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coat!

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. We didnt actually get married in Edinburgh but in Haddington, a town 17 miles away then had our reception on the outskirts of Edinburgh.

    You will love Edinburgh when you come altho winter is freezing and wet so will def need a hat & scarf to go with the coat!

    ReplyDelete