Tuesday, September 1, 2009

creatively autumn.

Autumn is undeniably on its way, the last two days have been absolutely divine. The air is cool and crisp, and the misty mountains have greeted me each morning with otherworldly moods. It's beautiful, and it's perfect. It is days like these that make me smile, take a deep breath of mountain air, and stare wistfully at the shrouded mountains (I look a bit the idiot when I'm caught doing it, but who cares? Autumn approaches!). With that said, I have something else exciting to tell about. I've ordered some exciting fabric, and it got here the other day--I'm going to start sewing again! Actually, I already have; my current purse is breaking--the strap is tearing off, and I just made myself a new purse! I drew a sketch of it first, and decided what pieces I would need, then began cutting and sewing last night. I finished it about a half an hour ago, and though it looks nothing like the sketch I drew (hah!), it's still wonderful, and I feel so cool that I did it all by myself. It probably was not the best, nor the most efficient way of sewing a purse, but hey! I did it, don't judge me! Hurrah! Here are some super amazing photos of the new bag. :) My next project is a light jackety thing for autumn out of some really soft heather gray plaid material, which I'm really excited about--I'll probably need to pay more attention to measurements and such for this project though.

5 comments:

  1. That is an awesome looking purse! I actually envy you for knowing how to make one. OR knowing how to sew for that matter. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i like you. and...just to tell you something that seems funny to me...
    i've started drinking tea! and not coffee really!

    weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the coolest purse lining ever. I like it. It's all so very you. Hooray. :)

    P.S. I'm excited about Saturday! (And I'm getting that coat...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah you are brilliant! I am so impressed. And just to share in the amazing ingenuity---I actually came home from your house, sat me bum down, and finished my suicide paper. Seriously. Good for us!
    Let's make corsets and go be medieval fairies in the misty mountains....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, honey, that is so much better than the upsidedown shirt I made for your father lo these many years ago. Good job!

    ReplyDelete