Thursday, December 11, 2008

honey vanilla chamomile and chocolate milk. [finished]

To clarify my title, I am drinking chocolate milk (PET, the best!) right now, as I wait for the kettle to boil. Then I will be drinking honey vanilla chamomile tea, yum.
I am writing again at the request of my dear friend, Laura. She misses my writing, and that makes my heart warm.
You know what I'm going to do tonight? Completely relish in the fact that I have no homework to stress about, rejoice that I have reworked the photos I needed to rework, AND sent them off this afternoon, be anxious that I'm giving a speech the day after tomorrow, and read what ever I want, and crochet as much as I want. That's right, I am officially finished with my undergraduate studies, and I seal the deal at commencement on Saturday. I don't know if I'll continue on with graduate studies, if I do it'll be later. Or I could take the urging advice of my beloved professor Paul Owen and become a theologian right away. I'll always continue studying the Bible, but I'm not sure if I want to do graduate work on it. I think if I do continue on, it'll be in either Graphic Design, Photography, or perhaps Creative Writing. But who knows?
Ahh, now I have my tea. This feels better. These past two weeks have been a blur, not only have they gone by fairly fast, but I've been sick and on constant cold medicine of some kind. It's hard to believe that I'm actually done with college. It's gone by so quickly. It feels like just the other day that I was 18 and unsure of who I was, and now I'm married and well on my way to becoming the woman that God wants me to be. Montreat has been so good for me, in so many different ways. My life has changed in ways I could have never imagined, and I'm so thankful that God has had his hand on my life the way he has. He's always got plans for me, and whether they're my own as well or not, I know that they are what is best for me, and best for my future.
I shudder to think of living this life on my own, not only not knowing what's coming up around the corner, but not having a benevolent Father who loves me looking out for my well-being. This world would be a oppressively depressing place without my knowledge of my God. If I were the ultimate maker of my own destiny, I know I would royally screw it up. I am just so glad that no matter how stupid I am, or what kind of a mess I make, God is always right behind me, ready to help me pick up the pieces and keep on walking the path.
Pray for me as I take another big step into adulthood and pursue a full-time job. Pray that God reveals his plan for Jeremy and I sooner rather than later, and pray for discernment, so we know that our plans are really from God, and not just from our own selfish desires. Thank you all for your support during my last semester, it has helped and meant more to me than you know.

Almost graduated,

Caitlin

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you. Isn't that a strange and sad and flat thing to say? But I have happy, glorious pride in my heart when I think about you graduating, and how I've been your friend.
    My only regret is that I didn't meet you and become your dear friend the moment I came to Montreat, for I've had so little time with you at school.
    But this is not the end of our friendship---life begins different and anew and made of love.
    I'm going to cry, a fair deal, when you walk across that stage.

    I am blessed and honored to call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those comments were backwards. I was elegant and Laura was effervescent?
    The world flips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No freakin' WAY. I totally had no idea why you told me to look, because I totally had no idea that you would put that up there. :) :) :) Yay. You make me so happy and humbled. You'll have to let me know what you think of the full draft (of course!). Like I said...will you miss dreadfully.

    ReplyDelete